Getting the correct dose of Vitamins C and D isn’t always easy, particularly now that summer has come to a close. However, as both are essential to maintaining healthy skin (and, may we add a healthy tan), it’s important to keep infusing your skin with these vitamins throughout the colder months. Here’s how to reap the benefits of Vitamins C and D thanks to our Purity Vitamins Self Tan range.
- Repairing damaged skin cells
- Preventing premature aging
- Correcting hyperpigmentation
- The best Vitamin C and D infused tanning products
What are the benefits of Vitamins C and D for skin?
If you’re wondering whether a Vitamin C or D deficiency will affect the health of your skin, the short answer is yes. The benefits of Vitamins C and D for skin include:
Repairing damaged skin cells
Vitamins C and D are both antioxidants that repair damaged skin cells and encourage cell renewal. They prevent the harmful effects of free radicals, offsetting damage caused by UV rays and air pollution.
Top Tip: Fewer dead cells means fewer dry patches of skin to absorb excess fake tan, ensuring a patch-free and even-looking bronzed glow.
Preventing premature aging
As Vitamin C is highly acidic, applying it topically can trigger the skin to heal itself and accelerate the production of collagen, while Vitamin D helps to strengthen elastin. Together, these two proteins maintain overall skin health, help to prevent premature aging and keep skin looking plump and firm.
Top Tip: Plump, firm skin is easier to tan, as the products glide on effortlessly and don’t settle into creases.
Vitamin C also inhibits skin’s melanin production, which is what causes skin discoloration, dark spots and hyperpigmentation. With continued topical use, Vitamin C can help prevent dark spots from forming and brighten the skin.
Top Tip: If your skin tone is uneven, your tan will look deeper in dark spots and lighter in discolored areas. Correcting hyperpigmentation is essential for a flawless, natural-looking tan.
Why should I use Vitamin C and D-infused self tanners?
It’s no secret that Vitamin C and D are good for you (the above list is proof of that!). However, our main source of Vitamin D comes from the sun, which can have detrimental effects on your skin if you spend too long in it – sunburn, heat rash and premature aging.
Therefore, we recommend using Vitamin C and D-infused self tanners to reap the benefits, without exposing yourself to harmful UV rays. They’ll saturate your skin with these skin-loving ingredients and create a gorgeous I-spent-two-weeks-in-the-sunshine glow with zero risk of sun damage!
Top Tip: Vitamin C and D-infused self tanners are particularly effective during the winter. You’ll get your dose of vitamins even if the sun isn’t shining.
What are the best Vitamin C and D-infused tanning products?
Our Purity Vitamins range is bursting with Vitamin C and D boosters known to brighten skin, protect from external aggressors and mimic the effects of the sun, without the harmful effects of UV rays.
The collection features 2 fake tan essentials:
- Bronzing Water Body Mist: Combining these Vitamin Boosters with hydrating Hyaluronic Acid and refreshing Green Mandarin Water, this fake tan creates a medium golden bronze in 4 to 8 hours. Simply spritz it onto your skin, blend it with our Applicator Mitt, then admire your supercharged sunkissed glow.
- Bronzing Water Face Serum: Boasting the same Vitamin Boosters, Hyaluronic Acid, Peach Flower Extract and Green Mandarin Water, this serum gives your complexion a natural-looking, bronzed radiance. Mix a couple of drops into your moisturizer, then apply it directly onto your face, neck and decolletage. You’ll achieve a glowing tan in 4 to 6 hours. It’s our best face tan yet!
Top tip: Why not pick up all three of these tanning essentials at a great price with our Sunshine In A Bottle bundle? It includes the body mist, face serum and an Applicator Mitt so you’re ready to glow, wherever you go!